Why get involved?
- We need affordable housing in the villages
- We don’t want to lose our next generation
- We need homes of a better eco build standard, with lower running costs.
- Be part of a representative group to control provision, local allocation and management of homes
- Influence the design and mix of housing provided
- Build an organization with a long term commitment to the community
- Be involved with innovative eco-designs
- Help design in sympathy with local styles.
- Explore land opportunities in the villages
- Develop fund raising
Get involved, become a member
We’d really like your ideas and support. Find out more about becoming a member.
HICLT will undertake a soft launch process over the next few months. The more usual process of a series of public meetings has obviously not been possible to date.
Our most powerful tool will be the backing and skills of the people of the community. The shadow trustees want to encourage as wide a membership as possible and invite all adult residents to become members. Potential founding trustees, who can offer skills in the following areas, are also sought:
- good local knowledge and connections
- enthusiasm to make a difference in the village
- planning and development
- property management and maintenance
- marketing / PR
Trustees should also reflect the diversity of the community and also one of the principal groups its activities are designed to assist, namely younger people. So, over to you.